Setting up passwordless logins and 2FA
Hideez Key – Passwordless authentication and 2FA
Once you have paired Hideez Key with your devices, you can set up passwordless authentication or two-factor authentication on websites supporting FIDO U2F and FIDO2 standards.
Follow the steps below to enable FIDO U2F authentication:
1) Log into the account you would like to use your Hideez Key with and navigate to Security settings.
2) Typically, there is an option for enabling 2FA and registering your security key. Follow the on-screen instructions to register the key.
3) Next time you log into your account the system will request you to connect your security key and confirm your authentication.
To set up passwordless two-factor authentication in Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and/or a host of other services, no additional software is needed. You can follow the instructions of any U2F-supporting services to use the Hideez Key as your second factor.
Here are some of the websites and their documentation on FIDO U2F:
Password managers and identity management platforms:
1) Log onto the website you desire to register your Hideez Key on and go to security settings.
2) Typically, there is an option for adding a security key for apsswordless sign-in. In that selection, there will be an option to add a security key. Click on that, and follow the instructions to register the key.
3) Once registered, next time you log in to your account the interface will request you to insert the security key and tap the button to authenticate.
In order to use Hideez Key as your main verification factor on other FIDO2-enabled websites, please follow the instructions: