Pairing Hideez Key with Windows
Hideez Key – Pairing with Windows
Hideez Key devices support passwordless authentication stadards developed by the FIDO Alliance: FIDO U2F and FIDO2. You can pair Hideez Key with any devices supporting FIDO Security Keys, including computers running Windows 10/11, Android (version 7.0+) or iOS (version 13.3+) devices.
- 1.Select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- 2.Press (short press) the button on the Hideez Key device.After you press a device button, a blue LED lights up - three long flashes of variable brightness, which means that the device is ready for Pairing.
- 3.Click Add Bluetooth or other devices > Bluetooth on the Windows screen.
- 4.Select your Hideez Key device (for example HK-00203). The last five digits should coincide with the serial number printed on the device box.
- 5.After the connection is established, the green LED lights up (blinks) on the selected device, inviting you to confirm the operation. You need to confirm pairing with a short button press. If you don’t confirm the operation within 15 seconds, there will be no pairing and the LED on the device will stop blinking.Video
- 6.Successful pairing is confirmed by the inscription «Your device is ready to go».
- 7.In the Bluetooth & other devices section, a new HK4-00203 device appears.
Windows uses another technology to securely store, transfer, and verify the PIN code.
- 1.Select Start > Windows Settings > Account > Sign-in options > Security Key > Manage
- 2.After clicking on the Manage button, the Hideez Key will require confirmation of this operation with a short press on the button. If you don’t confirm it in 20 seconds, Windows reports the problem and restarts the operation.Video
- 4.Select “Add PIN to Security Key” and enter the same PIN code containing 4 to 32 digits twice.
Go to the “Windows Hello setup” section and select “Change Security Key PIN” to change the PIN code. Next, you need to type your old PIN followed by a new one (twice) and click “OK”.
- 1.Enter the “Windows Hello setup” section and select “Reset Security Key” and then “Proceed” to remove the PIN code and FIDO data.
- 3.The success of the operation is signaled by the message “Reset Complete”. After that, all data associated with FIDO (PIN, accounts) will be removed.